Isleta Elementary School is currently looking for a School Janitor!
Responsibilities of being a School Janitor at IES will include:
- Performing a variety of skilled and unskilled tasks in the cleaning and maintenance of the school's buildings, office, gymnasium, and cafeteria
- Assisting in providing a safe, clean learning environment for students and faculty staff
- Sweeping, mopping, steam cleaning, waxing, polishing, and buffing floors
- Vacuuming and shampooing carpets and rugs
- Cleaning and dusting furniture, woodwork, etc.
- Washing walls and partitions, venetian blinds, and windows
- Washing and cleaning ceiling vents and fixtures
- Cleaning mirrors and water fountains
- Making note of condition of facilities and reporting to the principal those items needing specialized maintenance and repairs such as broken windows, damaged electrical outlets, frayed cords, clogged drains, and other conditions requiring maintenance
- Ensuring that appropriate and necessary levels of inventory are on hand at assigned areas
- Ordering necessary supplies and materials
- Maintaining accurate records of received and distributed items
- Maintaining awareness of buildings, equipment, supplies, and material security at all time in assigned area
- Reporting security breaches or safety problems to the supervisor
- Emptying trash cans and relining cans with liners
- Collecting and disposing of trash including the transport of trash to proper disposal areas
- Cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and replenishing supplies, cleaning spills, cleaning drinking fountains, mirrors, tables, walls, fixtures, blinds, light fixtures, etc.
- Changing light bulbs and fluorescent tubes as necessary
- Moving heavy objects, furniture, supplies and equipment
This position will close on 10/17/22 at 4:30 p.m. If interested, please contact the school!
To see the vacancy announcement, please visit: https://www.bie.edu/jobposting/d20m04-2022-005b-re-advertisement
We hope you will consider joining our team!